Friday, February 20, 2009

Good things in strange packages

I watched this movie ‘Luck By Chance’ over the weekend…About a bunch of new actors waiting for their big break trying to spin the wheels of fate to their favor. The protagonist of the movie says - Success and failure are what you decide for urself. Its a matter of perception.
The way we play the cards that are dealt lets us see the situation in a different light…
I have been having a tough couple of weeks, mostly due to work. I have been looking for some changes for quite some time now and i just dont seem to be catchin up with lady luck. I have been feeling so stressed that i am not where i want to be.
Then my friend reminded me - Good things can come in strange packages. Just because it doesnt look right, doesnt mean its wrong.
I like to complain once in awhile. But at the end of it i think I am an incredibly lucky person. Blessed with friends who last a lifetime. Had my share of rough rides and tears through it, but have had some pleasant surprises around the corner. And things have come in for me when i least expect them and sometimes in the form i least expect them to take.
And now everytime i hold the oars and try to battle the tide, I should tell myself to let go. For the tide will turn around and float that strange little package towards me with something i love.
Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons. ~Ruth Ann Schabacker

No comments:

Post a Comment