Thursday, February 12, 2009

Remember When

January means overhauling and cleaning for me...I like to make a fresh start every new year...I always did it, as a kid, in undergrad and grad school days and now....It also means digging into some nostalgia ..looking into a box of keepsakes stowed away in the closet
Isn't it amazing the amount of value sentiment adds to something. I was looking at the cassette a dear friend gifted me for my birthday in my undergrad. It doesn't play now, I have pbly played it a zillion times to wear it out. I glanced at it while i recounted each memory that went with it. I dusted it and put it back where it was - in my treasure trove where I also found my first perfume bottle which Appa had got for me . Its an old small empty perfume bottle - one of those tiny hankie perfume sets. Different smells bring back memories of different periods and its uncanny that the brain has the capacity to relate to these and open up the floodgates of memories - a canvass of colors.
A cassette - Sixty Rupees
A perfume bottle - Thirty Rupees
The memories they bring - Priceless..
There are some things money cant buy...
Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. ~Pierce Harris, Atlanta Journal

1 comment:

  1. Its all memories, good or bad that remain with us forever.

    ReplyDelete