Monday, March 19, 2012

Stress Busters...

All of us have a degree of stress and our own ways to handle them…Sharing some of mine…

1. Turn on the humidifier with Menthol vapors…Even if u don’t have a cold or sinus…warm mist and menthol vapors have a tendency to calm u down
2. Maggi noodles… not the thousand variations of flavors, just the plain good old Maggi masala noodles.
3. Cuddling with my lil boy and tickling him into a giggle…its immensely relaxing
4. Listening to my favorite instrumental themes
5. Chocolate glazed Donuts ….Dark Chocolate too..
6. The tranquil mint Stress Relief lotion on my hands
7. Presence of the ocean….Sound of the ocean…if nothing else, at least ocean sounds from a sound machine
8. Music…gentle or peppy but definitely not sad…
9. Fresh cool breeze on the face…
10. A long drive …with no destination in mind…
11. Looking at photographs…
12. Talking to my favorite people..

So why suddenly….
I have been so stressed of late……There’s so much up in the air and a sense of helplessness and inability to either fix them or let go. Time is the key a friend tells me…U just have to wait something out. I understand that its true…but that’s the hardest part…how long is long ?....Have I or have I not waited long enough…? its getting hard to say that clearly..

At the bottom of it, one of the important ways to stay less stressed is to be flexible and mindful of the fact that a lot of things will not turn out the way you want for them to turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment